Sunday, June 25, 2006

weeping



`Aaisha radhi Allaahu anha said,

"During his illness, the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, said: 'Order Abu Bakr to lead the prayer.' I told the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, that, 'Indeed, if Abu Bakr stands in your place the people will not be able to hear him due to his (excessive) weeping.'"

[al-Bukhari]

Muslim Ibn Bashir (Radhi Allaahu Anh) says that during his last illness Abu Huraira (RA) began weeping bitterly. He was asked the reason of his weeping. At this he said, 'I am weeping because I have a long journey to cover and have the least provisions with me. In the morning I have found myself at a hillock which leads to both paradise and to hell, and I know not wither I would be made to go.'
[Ibn Sad Vol IV p. 62 & Al Hilyah Vol I p. 383]


Abd Allah Ibn Masud (Radhi Allaahu Anh) says that the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) asked me to recite the Qur'an for him. He said to the Prophet, 'Should I recite the Quran before you whereas it has been revealed unto you?' At this the Prophet said, 'I love it more to hear the Quran from someone else.' Then AbdAllah Ibn Masud recited the chapter of 'An-Nisa'. When he recited the verse, 'How (will it be) then, when We bring from each nation a witness and We bring you (O Muhammad sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) as a witness against these people?...' (4:41), the Prophet said, 'This is enough.' When Ibn Masud saw the face of the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam), he saw tears rolling down both his eyes.
[Baihaqi, Al Bidayah, Vol VI p. 59]

Ibn Umar (Radhi Allaahu Anh) says that once Umar (Radhi Allaahu Anh) passed by Muadh Ibn Janbal (Radhi Allaahu Anh) and found him weeping. He asked him the reason thereof. At this Muadh said, 'I have heard the Prophet saying that hypocrisy, the least of it, was polytheism and the dearest to Allah from amongst His bondsmen is one who conceals himself so much that nobody searches for him when he disappears from amongst them, and none recognises him when he is amongst them. These men are the leaders of guidance and the lamps of knowledge' [Hakim]

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ni wi nig niggety nugget i like your posts soooo keep it up

2:17 AM  
Blogger green-birds said...

ti ti tigettie tanim <3

2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home